Krasnodar, 8 April. Today we are talking to Natalya Danina, Leading Expert of HeadHunter on Labor Market.
- Is the level of competitiveness more in favor of a candidate or an employer?
- Over the last several years the tension was more experienced by employers rather than by employees. After February 24 the customary picture that employers are used to, started to change: 5.3 resumes per vacancy. It is important to point out that such an increase occurred not because the number of resumes increased, but because the amount of vacancies decreased.
State service is the only professional group where we see the significant growth of vacancies compared to the one in February. On the one hand it is explained by a high demand of state structures in quality specialists whom it is easier and quicker to attract now, and on the other hand by the interest of applicants themselves to find stable jobs in unstable times. However throughout a week the number of vacancies in this sphere also dropped down.
- How did decisions of foreign employers affect the labor market?
- At the moment practically none of foreign businesses has left the country, so far it is all about suspension of operation. More than 200 thousand people are employed by foreign companies, thus the number of those working in this segment is not that big compared to the 70-million labor market of Russia (less than 1%).
- What can today’s economic shock be compare to, in your opinion?
-Some experts compare the current situation with the beginning of 90s, some recall year 2017, putting emphasis on nationalization.
One can forecast a tough break of universal value chains, established by people. By all means Russia was well integrated into the world economy, and is losing now what has been achieved over decades. It is not just about production, but also about sales and consumption. Who and how will compensate it is an open question. “Dedigitalization” of economy can become one of the consequences. The reality is such that Russia consumes a big amount of imported products and services, it will not be possible to replace them by local ones overnight, especially in high-technology industries. Under the current circumstances primitivization of economy is possible.
- What are the consequences of such trends for employees?
- Those who are working in businesses deeply integrated into world economy will be impacted the most, as well as those leading the process of value chain creation. Mainly it is about white collars working not even in foreign business but oriented on Eurocentric market. Some will lose their jobs, others will face less obvious but painful problems related to employment – shutdowns, parttime jobs, salary system change, etc.